- Category: Programs
- Published on Thursday, 14 March 2013 13:37
- Written by Super User
- Hits: 9540
Application Deadline is June 13, 2014 - June 30, 2014
Come be a part of this unique, week-long camp designed for gifted and aspiring scientists like you! The Sci-Q Project will be held from July 27 - August 1, 2014 at the Pocono Environmental Education Center (PEEC) located in the Delaware Water Gap National Recreation Area in the Pocono Mountains of Pennsylvania.
Students will interact with local college professors, hand-picked for their fun, approachable nature, as they showcase their research in a variety of fascinating fields. They'll also share their personal stories about the challenges and rewards of becoming scientists.
It's a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity that will give you a definite edge in this exciting career path. The program is limited to just 20 talented students who will be entering grades 8-10 in the fall of 2014.
The Sci-Q Project is funded by generous donations. Each student who is accepted is asked to pay only a nominal fee ($75.00) to participate in the program, while the balance of the tuition, room, and board will be covered.
Topics to be Explored
- Genetic Engineering
- Geology and Paleontology
- Wildlife Biology
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Organic Chemistry Science
- Environmental Science
Participants will conduct fieldwork on an ongoing scientific research project during the week. Field trips are also planned for the week.
Applications Are Competitive!
To see videos from Sci-Q 2013, check PEEC's website video page!
Click Here to download the application.
Project Timeline - Please note extended deadlines.
- June 13, 2014 - Applications due to PEEC - June 30, 2014
- June 20, 2014 - Notification of Participants - July 5, 2014
- July 5, 2014 - Payment of $75 fee to PEEC with acceptance verification- July 15, 2014
- July 27, 2014 - Arrival at PEEC 2:00-4:00 pm
- July 27-August 1, 2014 - SCI-Q PROJECT
- August 1, 2014 - Departure from PEEC 4:00pm