- Category: Programs
- Published on Thursday, 14 March 2013 13:37
- Written by Super User
- Hits: 21129
Applications Currently Being Accepted
Come be a part of this unique, week-long camp designed for aspiring scientists like you! The Sci-Q Project will be held from June 26 - July 2, 2016 at the Pocono Environmental Education Center (PEEC) located in the Delaware Water Gap National Recreation Area in the Pocono Mountains of Pennsylvania.
Students will interact with local college professors, hand-picked for their fun, approachable nature, as they showcase their research in a variety of fascinating fields. They'll also share their personal stories about the challenges and rewards of becoming scientists.
It's a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity that will give you a definite edge in this exciting career path. The program is limited to just 20 talented students who will be entering grades 8-10 in the fall of 2016.
The Sci-Q Project is sponsored by Sanofi Pasteur. Each student who is accepted is asked to pay only a nominal fee ($75.00) to participate in the program, while the balance of the tuition, room, and board will be covered.
Topics to be Explored
- Genetic Engineering
- Geology and Paleontology
- Wildlife Biology
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Organic Chemistry Science
- Environmental Science
Participants will conduct fieldwork on an ongoing scientific research project during the week. Field trips are also planned for the week.
Applications Are Competitive!
To see videos from previous Sci-Q camps, check PEEC's website video page!
Download the 2016 Sci-Q Application
- March 31, 2016 - Applications due to PEEC
- April 10, 2016 - Notification of Participants
- April 30, 2016 - Payment of $75 fee to PEEC with acceptance verification
- June 26, 2016 - Arrival at PEEC 2:00-4:00 pm
- June 26 - July 2, 2016 - SCI-Q PROJECT
- July 2, 2016 - Departure from PEEC after lunch, 1:00-3:00pm