- Category: Programs
- Published on Thursday, 14 March 2013 13:37
- Written by Super User
- Hits: 6212
Application Deadline Extended to June 22
Come be a part of this unique week long camp designed for gifted and aspiring scientists like you! The Sci-Q Project will be held from August 4-9, 2013 at the Pocono Environmental Education Center (PEEC) located in the Delaware Water Gap National Recreation Area in the Pocono Mountains of Pennsylvania.
Students will interact with local college professors, hand-picked for their fun, approachable nature, as they showcase their research in a variety of fascinating fields. They'll also share their personal stories about the challenges and rewards of becoming scientists.
It's a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity that will give you a definite edge in this exciting career path. The program is limited to just 20 talented HIGH SCHOOL students entering their sophomore, junior, or senior year.
The Sci-Q Project is funded by a generous donation from the Anne Spychala Family Charitable Foundation. Each student who is accepted is asked to pay only a nominal fee ($75.00) to participate in the program, while the balance of the tuition, room, and board will be covered by the Foundation.
Topics to be Explored
- Genetic Engineering
- Geology and Paleontology
- Wildlife Biology
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Organic Chemistry Science
- Environmental Science
Participants will conduct fieldwork on an ongoing scientific research project during the week. Field trips are also planned for the week.
Applications Are Competitive!
Please complete the application and submit it to PEEC BY June 22, 2013. Applications can be scanned and emailed with the subject line: Sci-Q Project or mailed to PEEC, 538 Emery Road, Dingmans Ferry, PA 18328
Click Here to download the application.
- June 1, 2013 - Applications due to PEEC -- Now June 22!
- June 15, 2013 - Notification of Participants -- June 28 for New Applications
- July 1, 2013 - Payment of $75 fee to PEEC with acceptance verification -- July 7 for New Applications
- August 4, 2013 - Arrival at PEEC 2:00-4:00 pm
- August 4-9, 2013 - SCI-Q PROJECT
- August 9, 2013 - Departure from PEEC 4:00—7:00 pm